30 Things You Don’t know about Omotola Jalade
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde fondly referred to as “omo sexy” by her fans, is a Nollywood actress, singer, philanthropist and former model. Since her entrance into the Nigerian movie industry which dates back to the early 90s, her career has experienced a rapid uprising process due to her diligence, hardwork and beauty. She is an award winning actress who is both recognized locally and internationally and her fan huge is such a huge one. Little wonder she is considered to be one of the most influential females in the world.
However, there are several other things you may not know about Omotola Jolade and below are some of those things.
1.Omotola’s appearance in the movie industry today started accidentally. She followed her friend to an audition though her friend didn’t get the role but she encouraged Omotola to audition and the rest is history.
2. Omotola first daughter princess aspires to be chef in the future.
3. Omotola’s husband Captain Ekeinde proposed to her when she was just 16 years old.
4.Omotola is the first African celebrity to receive over 1 million likes on her Facebook page.
5. She was honored by the Nigerian Government as a member of the order of the Federal Republic, MFR for her contribution to Nigerian Cinema in 2014.
6. Omotola was listed amongst the top movie stars in a list compiled by Yahoo in 2015. Others on the list included shah Rukh Khan, Frank welker, Bob Bergen and Jack Angel.
7. Omotola Jalade became a United Nations W.F.P ( World Food Programme) Ambassador going to missions in Sierra Leone and Liberia in 2005.
8. Omotola was given a chieftaincy title in her hometown of Ondo state on 9th November 2013 by Oba Victor kiladejo, the Royal king of Ondo kingdom.
9. Omotola’s accent was acknowledged by CNN travel in 2012 as one of the world’s 12 sexiest accents.
10. Omotola through her NGO; Omotola Youth Empowerment Programme is known to be a fierce human right campaigner and philanthropist.
11. Omotola won the best actress overall at the THEMA Awards at the age of 19.
12. Omotola was honored in 2013 by the Time Magazine as one of the most influential people in the world. Others on the list were Michelle Obama, Kate Middleton and Beyonce.
13. Omotola Jalade has starred in over 300 movies.
14. Omotola’s close pals in the movie industry includes omoni oboli, Rita Dominic, Rukky Sanda, Zeb Ejiro and Chidi Mokeme.
15. Mj, omotola’s first son is a music producer.
16. Omotola was brought to lime light by the movie ” mutual inheritance”.
17. Omotola is considered to be Africa’s biggest box office actress.
18. She lost her father at the age of 13.
19. Omotola is known to be the most followed Nigerian female celebrity on Facebook with a total of 3 million followers.
20. She has two younger brothers; Tayo and Bolaji Jalade.
21. Omotola is the first Nigerian celebrity to own a reality show. “The real me”
22. In 2015 she celebrated her 20th year in the movie industry.
23. Omotola has been given over 40 domestic and international awards.
24. Omotola and her husband Captain Ekeinde had their dream wedding on board a flight.
25. Omotola’s husband Ekeinde proposed to her at the age of 16 and she got married to him at the age of 17.
26. She is Blessed with four children; princess, Mj, Meraiah and Michael.
27. Omotola’s second daughter earned 2.4 million Naira from her knorr endorsement.
28. Following the foot steps of his mother, Omotola’s last son aspires to be a film maker and actor.
29. Omotola Jalade is building a film village.
30. Omotola was paid 43000 as her fee for her very first movie.