It came as a shock and surprise to many when INEC announced that it had barred APC Zamfara state from all elective positions in 2019. The electoral umpire did this because according to them, APC Zamfara state failed to hold its primary elections within the stipulated time.
A lot of people have come out to laud this gesture, saying it means that the independent national electoral commission is actually independent and that it wouldn’t be business as usual. As expected, APC will have none of it, the chairman of the party comrade Adams Oshiomole has challenged the decision.
He stated that elections are not the only ways political parties have to choose a candidate, therefore they held a meeting and consensus candidates were chosen.
There were also some stories going around that Zamfara APC held elections with INEC observers present. However, INEC has refuted that claim, saying none of her officers in Zamfara observed any APC primary elections.
If what INEC has said stands, this is what it means for APC Zamfara; they’ll not field candidates in Zamfara governorship, or National assembly and state Assembly in the forthcoming general elections.
There are only two things APC can do now, it’s either they prove that they held elections with observers from INEC present or they go to court. The APC chairman has already said that they’ll be going to court to challenge INEC’s decision.
This is the letter from INEC.
For now, all we can do is fold our hands and watch this play out.
Like Us On Facebook
TVC’s Morayo Afolabi Brown – My Husband is not A Pedophile
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates his 57th Birthday today
Morayo Afolabi-Brown – I Won’t let My Husband Bathe My Daughter
Cardi B’s Kulture is Finally Out
4 Arrested By Police For Fake Products
Presidential Debate – Buhari and Atiku Square up for Major Show Down.
If I Am President Now In Cinemas
Wizkid – I can Never Love One Woman
Toke Makinwa Wants To Marry Tuface
30,000 APC Members Defect to PDP
- TVC’s Morayo Afolabi Brown – My Husband is not A Pedophile
- Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates his 57th Birthday today
- Morayo Afolabi-Brown – I Won’t let My Husband Bathe My Daughter
- Cardi B’s Kulture is Finally Out
- 4 Arrested By Police For Fake Products
- Femi Otedola Agrees to help Victor Olaotan
- Is Cardi B and Offset Getting a Divorce Soon
- Shatta Wale Will Die This December Prophet Warns
- The Obi-Uchendus’ Are Pregnant Again
- Tithe Palaver – Freeze Invites Pastor E.A Adeboye For Debate