So, Starboy is in the news again, and this might just end with a litigation. Remember in 2016 when the Weeknd released Starboy, we felt that he stole the name from out own Starboy, Wizkid. Apparently Wizkid did nothing until recently when someone decided to do something about Starboy.
According to TMZ, a Somali singer, poet and songwriter has called The Weeknd and Daftpunk out for stealing her song titled Yooho. According to some documents obtained by TMZ , Yasminah, claims that the songs (Yooho and Starboy) sounded very much alike, first was the hook, the tempo and then similar claps on the 2 and 4 beats. Yasminah sampled the opinion of others on a certain blog and everyone seems to agree with her that the songs are very similar sounding.
The Somalian singer wants $5million for her song. Now, what seems to be the proverbial nail in the coffin is that this case has been brought up before by Yasminah’s producers. There was an out of court settlement, the producers where paid off, but she didn’t get a share of the goodies. Now she wants hers so she is suing. We wish her goodluck. Perhaps after she’s done, Wizkid will sue also. Let’s see how that goes.
Like Us On Facebook
TVC’s Morayo Afolabi Brown – My Husband is not A Pedophile
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates his 57th Birthday today
Morayo Afolabi-Brown – I Won’t let My Husband Bathe My Daughter
Cardi B’s Kulture is Finally Out
4 Arrested By Police For Fake Products
Presidential Debate – Buhari and Atiku Square up for Major Show Down.
If I Am President Now In Cinemas
Wizkid – I can Never Love One Woman
Toke Makinwa Wants To Marry Tuface
30,000 APC Members Defect to PDP
- TVC’s Morayo Afolabi Brown – My Husband is not A Pedophile
- Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates his 57th Birthday today
- Morayo Afolabi-Brown – I Won’t let My Husband Bathe My Daughter
- Cardi B’s Kulture is Finally Out
- 4 Arrested By Police For Fake Products
- Femi Otedola Agrees to help Victor Olaotan
- Is Cardi B and Offset Getting a Divorce Soon
- Shatta Wale Will Die This December Prophet Warns
- The Obi-Uchendus’ Are Pregnant Again
- Tithe Palaver – Freeze Invites Pastor E.A Adeboye For Debate