The Federal Ministry of Health through the permanent secretary has said that about 30% of Nigerians suffer from mental illness. This statement was made during the Mental Health Action Committee and Stakeholders’ Workshop in Abuja on Monday.
In his statement, Abdulaziz Abdullahi said “There are many different mental disorders, with different presentations. They are generally characterised by a combination of abnormal thoughts, perceptions, emotions, behaviour and relationships with others. He went on the say
“Mental disorders include; Depression, bipolar affective disorder, schizophrenia and other psychoses, dementia, intellectual disabilities and developmental disorders including autism.
According to the perm sec, there are also a lot of misconceptions as regards mental illness in Nigeria
Another speaker at the event corroborated his figures. Also stating the reason for the height rate of suicide in Nigeria is due to mental illness, but that not much has been done about it due to lack of funds.
Like Us On Facebook
Best Time To Do Christmas Shopping
Dino Melaye Releases New Single
Nigerian Celebrities Now Do Plastic Surgeries – Pretty Mike
Donald Duke’s SDP Parts Ways CUPP
TVC’s Morayo Afolabi Brown – My Husband is not A Pedophile
Presidential Debate – Buhari and Atiku Square up for Major Show Down.
10 Benefits of Drinking Water
Fela Durotoye Picks Running Mate
Missing Delsu Student Found With Missing Body Parts
Cardi B’s Kulture is Finally Out
- Best Time To Do Christmas Shopping
- Dino Melaye Releases New Single
- Nigerian Celebrities Now Do Plastic Surgeries – Pretty Mike
- Donald Duke’s SDP Parts Ways CUPP
- TVC’s Morayo Afolabi Brown – My Husband is not A Pedophile
- Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates his 57th Birthday today
- Morayo Afolabi-Brown – I Won’t let My Husband Bathe My Daughter
- Cardi B’s Kulture is Finally Out
- 4 Arrested By Police For Fake Products
- Femi Otedola Agrees to help Victor Olaotan