Nigerians are not used to earthquakes or other geological activities within the earth crust. However, that seems to be changing. It was reported yesterday that residents of Maitama, in Abuja, the capital city, North Central Nigeria, experienced an earth tremor. According to some eyewitnesses the earth tremour lasted for about 30 minutes. It came intermittently though.
The tremor was said to be 3.0 Mercalli Intensity Scale, MIS, according to the Nigerian Geological Survey Agency, NGSA. This means the tremor wasn’t serious and there were no strucral damage to building. If we recall, this is the second time this a tremor is hitting Abuja, the last time was about a month ago in Semptember.
The NGSA has tried to assuage the fear of Abuja residences. First, if you are experiencing an earth tremor, you should come outdoors, it’s safer, and also Abuja and Nigeria in general is not prone to having earthquakes so their’s nothing to be worried about.
Like Us On Facebook
Toke Makinwa Wants To Marry Tuface
Two Beheaded in Rivers State
Game of Thrones Season 8 Coming Soon
Ondo Governor Sacks Media Outlets From Government House
30,000 APC Members Defect to PDP
Empire ft. Mario – Gotta Love You
Nicki Minaj Sued for Copyright Infringement of “Baby Can I Hold You”
UK Woman Falls off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company
19 year Old Nigerian Blogger Buys Cars for Parents
Ooni of Ife Marries A New Wife
- Toke Makinwa Wants To Marry Tuface
- Two Beheaded in Rivers State
- Game of Thrones Season 8 Coming Soon
- Ondo Governor Sacks Media Outlets From Government House
- 30,000 APC Members Defect to PDP
- 30 Million Nigerians Suffer from Mental Illness
- Wizkid – I can Never Love One Woman
- If I Am President Now In Cinemas
- Gabrielle Union is Finally A Mum
- Music Download – Shake it – Dbanj Ft Tiwa Savage