Nigerians are not used to earthquakes or other geological activities within the earth crust. However, that seems to be changing. It was reported yesterday that residents of Maitama, in Abuja, the capital city, North Central Nigeria, experienced an earth tremor. According to some eyewitnesses the earth tremour lasted for about 30 minutes. It came intermittently though.
The tremor was said to be 3.0 Mercalli Intensity Scale, MIS, according to the Nigerian Geological Survey Agency, NGSA. This means the tremor wasn’t serious and there were no strucral damage to building. If we recall, this is the second time this a tremor is hitting Abuja, the last time was about a month ago in Semptember.
The NGSA has tried to assuage the fear of Abuja residences. First, if you are experiencing an earth tremor, you should come outdoors, it’s safer, and also Abuja and Nigeria in general is not prone to having earthquakes so their’s nothing to be worried about.
Like Us On Facebook
Iconic Comedian Renews Her Talk Show – The Ellen DeGeneres Show
Ashley Massaro Died By Hanging In Apparent Suicide
Rihanna Features CMS Lagos In Fenty campaign (See Video)
Download Music: Mac Miller – Benji The Dog
Download Music: Chinko Ekun Ft Crowd Kontroller – Mikel Jasin
Download Music: Flykid – E Sure For Me
Download Music: Kevin Gates – Big Gangsta
Watch Video: Mr P Ft Niniola – One More Night
Download Music: Patoranking – Lenge Lenge
Download Here: Mo Ft Slimcase – Oshozondi
- Iconic Comedian Renews Her Talk Show – The Ellen DeGeneres Show
- Ashley Massaro Died By Hanging In Apparent Suicide
- Rihanna Features CMS Lagos In Fenty campaign (See Video)
- Download Music: Mac Miller – Benji The Dog
- Download Music: Chinko Ekun Ft Crowd Kontroller – Mikel Jasin
- Download Music: Tatiana Manaois – Put The Phone Down
- Watch Video: Timaya – I Can’t Kill Myself
- Download Music: Simi – Small Thing
- Download Music: Skiibii – Mana Girlis
- Watch Video: Ajaeze Ft Selebobo – Nonya