Nigerians on social media woke up to the news of the latest Fenty campaign released by much loved international singer Rihanna, and many cannot seem to get over the video which features a popular spot in Lagos.
Rihanna’s arrival in the luxury fashion space is a defining moment. Until now, celebrities who have tried their hand at design have faced the judgment of an industry that has held the power to endorse success or condemn a label to failure.
This week, Rihanna told the New York Times her Fenty label would be “as disruptive as possible. The brand is not traditional. There is no runway show. It’s a new way of doing things because I believe that this is where fashion is going to go eventually.”
The beauty product guru shared the 46 seconds clip on her Instagram page, and many of her Nigerian fans could not help but notice that portions of the popular CMS market in Lagos Island was featured.
Fenty’s campaign opens with a scene that featured a village with little huts and thatched roofs, which is afterwards followed by an image of the unmistakable bookshop building in CMS portraying the typical daily hustle and bustle in that part of the city.
Watch the video below:
Like Us On Facebook
Watch Video: Lil Kesh Ft Mayorkun – Nkan Be Video
Watch Video: Temity – Motiyan
Download Music: May D – Like You
Download Music: Krizbeatz Ft Tekno & Teni – Hit
Download Music: MartinsXpr Ft Zlatan – My Party
Download Music: Burna Boy – Trap Symphony
Watch Video: Medley Ft Peruzzi – For You
Download Music: Naira Marley – Puta
Download Music: Da’Nail Ft Seriki – Sip
Download Music: Wizkid And TY Dolla Sign – Ride It
- Watch Video: Lil Kesh Ft Mayorkun – Nkan Be Video
- Watch Video: Temity – Motiyan
- Download Music: May D – Like You
- Download Music: Krizbeatz Ft Tekno & Teni – Hit
- Download Music: MartinsXpr Ft Zlatan – My Party
- Download Music: Dotman – Naija #SayNoToXenophobia
- Download Music: Reekado Banks – Rora
- Download Music: Tiwa Savage – 49-99
- Download Music: Zlatan ft IVD – Bolanle
- Download Music: D-Black ft Simi – Stay