Nigerians have complained about the 65 naira which is deducted from your bank account, anytime withdrawal is made from an ATM which doesn’t belong to your bank.
Well the Senate is beginning to look into this matter, as a bill is being debated on the floor of the Senate. The motion was sponsored by Senator Olugbenga Ashafa (APC Lagos East). The motion seeks to put an end to the excessive bank charges which customers of Nigerian banks are forced to pay. The Senate has called on the Apex bank, the Central Bank of Nigeria to stop commercial banks from charging for card maintenance. During the discussion also, commercial banks were advised to make sure their ATM dispense up to 40,000 naira per withdrawal.
Most of the senators were in support of the resolution, stating that this is a problem which affects everyone regardless of political/ ethno-religious affiliations. The Senate has also stated that the Senate Committee on Banking, Insurance and Other Financial institutions and Finances should invite the CBN governor, to explain the reasons for the bank charges at ATMs. The committee was also saddled with the responsibility to conduct a research into best world practices and report back to the Senate.
The Consumer protection council has also been called upon to look into the various complaints customers have against their banks.
Like Us On Facebook
Best Time To Do Christmas Shopping
Dino Melaye Releases New Single
Nigerian Celebrities Now Do Plastic Surgeries – Pretty Mike
Donald Duke’s SDP Parts Ways CUPP
TVC’s Morayo Afolabi Brown – My Husband is not A Pedophile
Presidential Debate – Buhari and Atiku Square up for Major Show Down.
10 Benefits of Drinking Water
Fela Durotoye Picks Running Mate
Missing Delsu Student Found With Missing Body Parts
Cardi B’s Kulture is Finally Out
- Best Time To Do Christmas Shopping
- Dino Melaye Releases New Single
- Nigerian Celebrities Now Do Plastic Surgeries – Pretty Mike
- Donald Duke’s SDP Parts Ways CUPP
- TVC’s Morayo Afolabi Brown – My Husband is not A Pedophile
- Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates his 57th Birthday today
- Morayo Afolabi-Brown – I Won’t let My Husband Bathe My Daughter
- Cardi B’s Kulture is Finally Out
- 4 Arrested By Police For Fake Products
- Femi Otedola Agrees to help Victor Olaotan