Things You May Not Know about Naira Marley.
Azeez Fashola also known as Naira Marley is a Nigerian singer and a song writer.Born in the popular Agege city of Lagos State, Naira Marley became a very controversial music artist since he was arrested by the EFCC. Also, the Kind of things he promotes on the social media also made him controversial.
According to reports, Naira Marley initially did not intend doing music, he wanted to be an Mc and a voice cover artist,but he later discovered his music potentials.
It was also said that the singer sponsored the studio sessions for some of his friends severally until when he decided to try his hands on music. Then,he did his solo track titled “marry Juana” in which he featured Max Twigz.
However, below are a few more things you likely don’t know about Naira Marley.
1. The artist was born on the 9th of May 1994 which makes him 25 years old in 2019.
2. Although Naira Marley was born in Nigeria,he relocated to England at the age of 11 years.
3. For those Wondering how he came about his name, Naira Marley adopted the name of the late raggae icon Bob Marley.
4. He came into limelight in 2014 after the production of his single track titled “marry Juana” which he released in the UK featuring Max Twigz.
5. The song Naira Marley did with Olamide and Lil kesh titled issagoal became an instant hit, it was even regarded as an unofficial song of the Super Eagles during the world cup.
6. Naira Marley tongue lashed popular singer Simi on the social media for speaking against “Yahoo Yahoo” he even claims Yahoo is not a crime through the live video he made on Instagram.
7. In defending Naira Marley, his management has released a statement claiming that he is not a yahoo boy his lawyers also have been working to prove his innocence.
8. The singer has an 11-count charge made against him by the anti-graft and crime agency
9. Naira Marley claims to have been arrested 124 times in the UK.
10. He is regarded as the foremost street gangster in the street of Peckham in London, England